Watco’s Reportable Injury Ratio has decreased by 90% over the past eight years due to diligence of all team members in developing a successful safety culture. This includes providing the training, tools, and resources to empower all team members to ensure their working environment is a safe one. The foundation of Watco Companies safety practices is found in the Six Tenets of Safety:
- All injuries can be prevented.
- All exposures can be safe-guarded.
- Prevention of injuries and accidents is the responsibility of each team member.
- Training is essential for good safety performance.
- Safety is a condition of employment.
- Safety is good business.