Watco Freight Claims
Watco’s goal is to provide our customers with safe, efficient, and damage-free service. Should you have the misfortune of needing to file a claim, please remember you have the option to do so with either the origin or destination in the route the railcar traveled but not both. If you choose to file with Watco, please see the below links and resources to report cargo loss and damage.
Please be sure to submit all the below-required documentation to minimize claim handling. To view Watco’s tariff regarding rules and regulations surrounding claim submittal, please review this link. (Section V Item 600-630)
- Your contact information to include email address and phone number
- Railcar mark and number
- Documentation from origin showing railcar was inspected and in good order for loading.
- AAR approved loading diagram
- Origin photos of railcar to show proper loading and securement must include the entire car.
- Documentation of seals applied to the railcar, if applicable
- Temperature records for refrigerated railcars, if applicable
- Copy of Bill of Lading and weight tickets
- Invoice for claimed loss at manufacturing cost
- Documentation of salvage allowed, if applicable
- Destination photos of damage and location in the railcar must include the entire car.
For questions please email email@example.com.